BIG MIKE MOTHERSHED
Born in a beautiful small town in Southeast Kansas, he started out as a child prodigy gospel singer. He then spent 8 years in the U.S military while working part-time as a studio background singer. His talents allowed him to be pursued to sing all over the nation. He has performed and competed natioanally and it finally grew to a conclusion because he was asked to be a judge and not a contestant.
He has competed and won countless vocal contests nationally and is renowned for being able to recreate the Motown, Stax and Philly Sound of balladeers, past and present. His sound has been heavily influenced by the likes of Barry White, Luther Vandross, Jeffery Osborne and David Ruffin. His tenor and baritone command of vocals along with his confidence is entertaining and allows him to engage any audience who loves r&b/funk/soul/jazz/blues/classic rock and 40's/50's big band or just good dance music.
Guitarist & band leader
Greg is the bandleader that is no less than an awesome awesome guitar player and vocalist. He has over 20 years of performance experience and is the glue that holds this band together.
Ken hails is native of the windy city - Chicago and brings all the soul and blues required to make it authentic and come to life. He started as a drummer and converted to the bass - a match made in heaven. A disciple of blues - he has put the B in the Blues!
A music scholar, formally educated and teaches the instrument he excels at - at 6 ft, he is impossible to miss. He can take you soaring on a instrument that few musicians can master. Though he is humble - he skills speaks for themselves.
Scott too, is master reader and player of music. He can stand alone and overwhelm you with solos or can lead a horn section ala Tower of Power and Chicago. Thou he has laid back demeanor - his sense of rhythm and soul will make you wanna move.
* 30 years performance experience
* Born in Spirit Lake IA.
* Played in a variety of dance bands in the Iowa Great Lakes region in the early 80s
*1987 Received a Bachelor of Music degree from the University of Iowa
*For 20 years played on the worship team at Speak the Word Church International
* Played on recording sessions for Speak the Word's record label High Praise Productions
* Played on worship teams for a variety of Twin Cities churches- Grace Church of Eden Prairie, City View Church, St. Michael's Lutheran.
Currently playing at Life Assembly Church.
* Played in tribute shows throughout the upper midwest featuring the music of artists such as Roy Orbison, Patsy Cline, Loretta Lynn, Creedence Clearwater Revival.
* I pride myself in being a versatile drummer who can play any style of music. Whatever style of music I'm playing my goal is to make it feel good and to make it "groove".